View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 04:33 PM   #1462
bh86

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
I started sanding the last wheel yesterday, but didn't get it finished. Hows that for an underwhelming update?

So to make this post at least a bit worthy of a glance I'll post some pics of my next truck project...

It belongs to my MIL and her husband at the moment, but they are adding my name to the title. They use it to pull a camper and haul a rhino occasionally. Now they are selling the camper and have a trailer to haul the rhino, so this truck they won't need. I told them last year that I wanted it, but made my intentions clear this visit, so there is no miscommunication. I want it. For the time being it will remain with them until they don't want it around anymore or until I decide to bring it home. Its a 71 C-30 with a 12' flatbed, 427 bus big block and automatic (probably a TH-400). It was used by a local lumbar yard there in St Anthony, ID for many years and is pretty much rust free. The clear coat is peeling a bit but it is near perfectly straight. I runs and drives perfect. I'm not sure what plans I have for it right now but will repaint it and maybe do a hydraulic tilt bed. It might be my last truck build and even that might wait until after I do some other car projects once my Jimmy is built. No rush for me.
That's a cool truck. I've been reading through your build thread. How random is it that I just sold a truck last year, a 76 k10 sport, that had been owned by probably the same lumber yard in St. Anthony, Stoddard Lumber. It still had the original paperwork in the glove box with their name on it. If it will let me post pics I will. You've done some pretty amazing work on your trucks. Keep it up!
bh86 is offline   Reply With Quote