Thread: The Army 45
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 03:30 PM   #11
Killer Bee

Re: The Army 45

been following this for quite a while.. not much chance of getting anything rare or unusual from CMP without a hefty price tag..

from Jan 29 email;

Quote:
Status of the CMP 1911s, 1/29/2018:

The CMP has been authorized to receive 8,000 1911 type pistols from the United States Army.

The 1911s have been received by the CMP. A complete inventory will be conducted over the course of this week. The pistols will then be securely stored until the Army-approved 1911 building and armory infrastructure is completed. That completion is anticipated to be approximately 60 days from now. Once the 1911 armory is completed, inspection, grading, repair, and ultimately test firing of the pistols will begin. (Please be aware that the CMP was led to believe that we were ready to move forward, but three weeks ago facility requirements were changed, and we are now fulfilling those requirements.)

The CMP 1911 order packet will be posted 90 days prior to the order acceptance date and opening sales date. No orders will be accepted prior to that date. Please visit www.thecmp.org, click on the Sales icon then 1911 Information, for the latest. CMP customer service has been inundated with calls and emails concerning the 1911s and no further information is available at this time.

The CMP will keep everyone posted as we move through this process.

Mark Johnson
Chief Operating Officer
Civilian Marksmanship Program
www.thecmp.org

Singer, US&S, RR, etc. will be culled out and sold separately and accordingly..

I'm hoping to see a few Navys, current market is $7k - $15k for one of the 15k or so that were Navy roll marked..

bit of trivia, only the first 50 Colt 1911s were made in 1911, just before Christmas break at the plant.. the rest 1912-

and the first 500 were Model of US Army and the second 500 were Model of US Navy..

due to the expense and myriad of authenticity factors, I've held off from on-line shopping for any of them..

once I'm retired and have the time to attend the right auctions, I'll shop in person..

I carried 1911s in the military, rough and clunky but accurate and reliable enough..

my first PWC with a 1911 at NWSSB early 90's I beat the GMC through the course but he outscored me..

I'll check out the CMP offerings and may even pick up a decent Colt Army if the price is right..

these are my two favorite 1911 pistols in my collection;

1976 Colt CLW [Commander Light Weight]

2010 Springfield Professional PC9111