Thread: My 59 Bug
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 02:10 AM   #1
thelonerife

Cool My 59 Bug

I have always liked VW bugs and other VW's. I've never owned one but I would look at what they're selling for on Ebay and Craigslist. I recently found one in my town and wound up buying it. Its a 1959 with a 69 pan. It has a 68 or 69 motor. It runs well. Doesn't smoke or anything. It does have the typical oil leaks that I want to take care of. It also has a lot of small things that need attention. Some lighting problems and the passenger door doesn't open from the outside. I think something isn't connected to the latch. No hood latch on front. The funny thing is it didn't come with a gas gauge. It does have some newer parts with it. The door panels and rear side panels, sun visors , a head liner thats not installed,a retro sound stereo with bluetooth. It also has electronic ignition, drop spindles,disc brakes up front, narrowed,lowered front suspension. Newer Impy wheels and shifter. New carpet too and running boards. It currently has 70 or so front seats but the original front seats came with it.

My plans are to fix the small things, clean up the engine, and drive it as my daily driver.
Attached Images

Last edited by thelonerife; 08-24-2017 at 09:31 PM.
thelonerife is offline   Reply With Quote