Thread: Mulk's 8-Lugger
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 11:44 PM   #54
Mulk

Re: Mulk's 8-Lugger

A few month back I was reading the "Camaro Tach Upgrade" in the electrical section, and decided to order one. So I found my self on eBay, bought a tach for $19, with no real idea when or if I'd ever tackle to upgrade.

Well in case you didn't know, it's HOT in Vegas this time of year. Plus, I just got a bunch more tattoo work done on my back, and didn't feel the need to climb under the Burb today. But I did see that tach laying on the bench, and decided today was a perfect day to experiment, and here's my story......

After clearing a spot on the dining room table (right under a/c vent), I layed out my arsenal of small tools, and blew apart the cluster.

To clean off the paint paint line on lense of the center opening where the tach will find its new home, I soaked the area with mineral spirits. Once the bond was losened, I used a plastic spoon (high tech) to remove paint without scraatching the lense.

I then cut the opening in the black bezel, with a set of tin-snips, just being careful to follow the bevelled lip chevy had already provided. The edge is hidden, so those little teeth marks aren't an issue.

I layed the bezel section back in place, and trimmed the upper and lower edge of the tach face so it would fit in place without any issues. Not pretty, but then again, it's not gonna be visible.

To be continued......

'68 C20 Suburban, Bagged with Suicide 3rd Door, and Loaded with a 396 - Under Construction
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=403690
Mulk is offline   Reply With Quote