View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 12:10 AM   #4
SONOSADSACK

Re: Ice cream getter

I’m really just looking to put something together that the family can enjoy cruising around in. It will probably have 35”-37” tires with a 6ish inch lift. I picked up a 5.3 and 4l60 last summer but those were quickly replaced with a 6.0 LQ9 and a 4l80e. For the transfer case I chose to stick with a NP205. Axle ratio is still a little up in the air between 4:56 and 4:88. The rear will get a posi while the front will remain open, at least for now. The truck will never see mud or trails so I guess some will probably call it a poser truck. That’s fine with me. It will see plenty of sand and asphalt and of course plenty of ice cream shops.

Tear down is not my idea of fun but it’s nearly over. I pealed the body of off the frame today while listening to the longest Daytona 500 ever.
Name:  barn 1 004.jpg
Views: 4217
Size:  45.0 KB
Name:  barn 1 012.jpg
Views: 4196
Size:  38.0 KB
Name:  barn 1 015.jpg
Views: 4196
Size:  64.3 KB
End of the day, most of the mess cleaned up and still no 2010 Daytona 500 winner. I’m actually not a huge NASCAR fan. In fact the last MIS race that I went to, I fell asleep and spilt my adult beverage on the guy sitting next to me. He was cool, just gave me a little nudge and said something like “hey buddy, your missing the race”. Never even mentioned his wet legs!
SONOSADSACK is offline   Reply With Quote