View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 02:00 PM   #71
mvitale27

Re: Matt's 56 3600 4X4 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
one thing i noticed is that you mounted the motor and trans without the cab on the truck
just for grins throw the cab on the frame just to check for firewall and trans clearance
these trucks with stock v8 had the distributor, valve covers and trans very close to sheet metal
might save you a lot of time repositioning the motor/trans now vs modifying the firewall, core support or floor pans later
When I had the originally mocked up and welding in my engine xmember, I had the engine mounted and the trans hanging but supported with a short 2X4 to give me the correct angle. The cab was still on during this process. I did the final welding of both the engine and trans xmembers after the cab was off but I had the locations for both marked. I think I will be OK but thanks for the advice.

Once the chassis is rolling again in about a week I am putting the cab, doors, and front sheet metal on with new mounts, hinges and hardware to align all my gaps before I brace the cab and remove it again for rust repairs. I will mount the motor/trans/t-case again at this point to double check location and clearances.

Matt's 3/4T 4X4 Build
mvitale27 is offline   Reply With Quote