View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 10:50 PM   #3
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

Re: Fan Switch wiring, wiring kits & fuse box panel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
Happy to say my cab wiring is on the floor next to me - trying to figure stuff out. Any input appreciated.

I see you haven't gotten any replies yet so I'll chime in.

First off do you have AC on the truck or just a heater fan. I assumed you had AC because you asked me about the anti-dieseling relay the other day. So I posted the diagram you have.

1. Fan Switch:
Are you referring to the AC fan control?

A. What is "LOOSE CONNECTOR"? - (See image below). I have a brown wire, but it's just a wire on a spade at the connector.

This wire is the fan control switch wire on trucks without AC. It is the power wire to the heater fan control switch. I don't think it is used on the AC fan switch.

B. My temperature system isn't wired quite to factory diagram, including there isn't a pink wire (I believe it's pink) on the fan switch connector. Can you confirm (or other) the brown & pink wires are supposed to be on the same spade at the connector for the fan switch?

look at the switch control on the bottom terminal. I believe it is the pink wire for power to the control switch.If you trace it back up to the anti-dieseling relay you'll see that it is connected to the orange wire that is a jumper wire from the main fan high speed relay. The orange wire is the power feed wire from the fuse box (CIG) terminal.

2. New Wiring Kit: At the moment I'm planning for an American Autowire or M&H kit. Crazy questions maybe...

A. Do these wiring kits come with a new fuse box? If so,

Probably not unless you order it as a kit.

B. Is the back of the fuse box pre-wired? "Back" meaning the channel between the firewall block and fuse panel.

Again, You'd have to ask the vendor. It would have to be wired for your specific application.

3. Fuse Box Panel:

A. From conversations it seems there's a provision to access the back of the fuse box. How is that done exactly? Wholly smokes what a cluster of wires......A bit frightening.

[COLOR="Magenta"]There's two screws that are diagonal from each corner of the box that have to be removed and you should be able to pull the fusebox away from the firewall a little bit.

Here's a picture showing the fuse box and the inner cab and outer cab connectors. The two legs on the fusebox are where the screws are located.

Name:  fuse panel.jpg
Views: 1941
Size:  69.5 KB

B. Appears a sealant was used on the screw holes in the fuse box at the firewall. Any advice what that is? It's nasty stuff. LOL

Thank you...........

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote