Thread: Drop Advice
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
mooseknuckles

Re: Drop Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GMCChris View Post
Hi, i know theres alot of these posts, but i am looking for something a little more specific. I want to lower my truck, not too much due the poor roads up here in ontario(salt/snow/plow). I was thinking 2.5/4 With spindles and shackles? How does this ride? And a ball park figure on price would be great.
Insallation... How do these install? are the difficult, i have never done any rear work before, i have replaced all 4 ball joints and they are stil clean. (6months ago) What about shocks, do i need those. Do i have to modify my exhaust with this kit. Duals up over the axle.
I big thing is, i am not rich buy any means. So i thae parts i could buy and even if i couldn't do the rear, i could have someone do them. One big thing, i can't afford rims so my stock rallies will have to do. How will the look under there? Pictures would be greatly appreciated. Mine are 235/75R15s all the way around.
Here is mine, pics of 2.5/4 drops with stock rallies with the above parts listed would be great. Also, sport bumper added since the photos were taken.

Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...light=wrangler
Nice Wrangler!...... I lowered my wrangler 4-5" in the front with Bell Tech drop spindles and cutting a coil off the stock front springs. I made my own flip kit in the rear lowering it 6" I removed the bump stops but I never did a c notch till later on when I went lower. It wasn't really hard to do just took some time. cost me $400 for spindles at local auto parts. I also removed 2 of the rear leaf springs. I'm still using the stock shocks, someday I'll buy some dropped shocks. It handles like a car now instead of like a 4x4...Your exhaust should be okay and the rally wheels look awesome when its lowered....so get busy.

Last edited by mooseknuckles; 07-23-2010 at 09:04 PM.
mooseknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote