View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 03:47 AM   #26
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: Where have all the suburbans gone

I got the info packet from Chevrolet Heritage a while back, and it said Chevy only made 166 K/10 Suburbans for Model Year 1967.
Not selling to locals? That's just mean.
To find Blazer parts for my Jimmy I had to go to the Bay Area and that was 20 years ago.
To a man that's been running these rigs for 49 years, the current parts prices are insane. Of course inflation is a big factor.
I did OK looking for repair parts for my '68 C/10 Stepside recently.
1 Pr Trailing Arms for C/10 short, ....$125
1 RH Step Fender ['68]...................$350
1 GMC Grille + Rad wall ['71]..........$200
1 12-Bolt Rear Differential ['65].......$200
A Brother Board member sent me his OEM Panhard Bar for $10.80 shipping. When I mentioned I'D ordered a RH Lower Shock Mount from LMC Truck, he sent me his old OEM pair for another $10.80. [Now I have to deal with LMC's customer service for returning parts, but it is what it is.]
First 2 items I got from a super nice guy in Casa Grande. He has 4 '67-'72 Chevy trucks, and a lot more parts. Found him on CL.
The Diff and Grille I got from a local custom shop guy in Downtown Tucson who's way into Blazers. They were things he got a while ago, and were now in his way. Happy to let them go. Also a super nice guy.
A lot of the big junkyards in Tucson found the land they were on was worth more than the used parts business.
Brian

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.

Last edited by '68OrangeSunshine; 06-08-2022 at 07:38 PM.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote