View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 08:59 PM   #8
rowdy11

Re: Lola: My Moon Shot 70 SWB K10

Thanks mcmlxix! Will check both of those out.

The holiday was a great time to get some stuff done. But also hard...buried our family dog Bailey after 15 loyal years. I was still crying as I pulled the drivelines, exhaust and transfer case from 2011. I cleaned up the transfer case to sell it along with the other stuff I'm parting out (before and after below).

The wiring harness is finally completely off!!! I pulled the throttle body and cleaned it up as well to send it with the harness, PCM, pedal to be re-wired, re-flashed and bench tested.

I ordered Dirty Dingo mounts over the holiday and purchased an A/C relocation kit and static AC unit since the dynamic units from these newer trucks don't work with Vintage Air systems (a real shame).

Also, after some research, it looks like I will need to upgrade from NP 203 to 205 transfer case in order for the transmission to work. Not a surprise and probably a good idea regardless, given the power difference of my existing setup and the L96. I will try to avoid a costly AA adapter kit and find something simpler and easier between the 6L90E and the NP 205. More research ahead... I'd be in big trouble with this swap if this board, Youtube, and the internet, in general, didn't exist!

I'm finally selling my 350 engine and transmission as well. Waiting for that to sell so the buyer can see it running before I pull it and the TH350. I think I have it priced well considering it runs well, has a few performance upgrades, nice headers and a bunch of new stuff like new HEI/cap/rotor/wires/plugs/thermostat etc....1600 for the engine, headers, carb and transmission...

I plan to start pulling the bed while I sell the engine. I already have an underbed tank but need to start the conversion to fuel injection. My existing tank is plastic so assume I will have to upgrade that to flat aluminium or steel.

Had some other goodies arrive:

New Cab mounts
New painless performance wiring harness
New left side inner and outer rocker panel
New bed wheel wells
I also bought ahead with black Friday and purchased new plug wires for the 2011 as part of a tune-up once I install it. Getting stuff while it's cheap!
Attached Images

rowdy11 is offline   Reply With Quote