View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 01:08 PM   #9
Ironangel

Re: Question on replacing front pillar and cab mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragard View Post
Hey.

As i read you guy's i see that i really need this #6 piece. I ordered it from classicparts. I didn't knew they would ship to Canada. For the moment, i ordered parts from Bills truck Shop and Rockauto. Rockauto is really hard to beat but dont have specific pieces that i will need.

Ironangel,
Do you talk about part #9 from http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cb/full.aspx?Page=13
If yes, i have it.

I'll post some update when i'll get the parts and try to fit them.

Thank you alot guys !
Yes that was the one...Cool, your money ahead of the game! Try to lap your joints where ever possible, makes the welding so much easier... Looks like your getting a handle on it! Cool I'd leave the right side be for the time being, there seems to be enough intact sheet metal to get your opening measurements...Also, I know this wont work for the left side but when you go too make your cut for the cab corner. I cut the existing cab metal right along that ridge line. I then leave the new cab corner panel an inch long, above that ridge line forming a lap joint with a weld line right along that ridge. The reason for this method is a weld bead can be sanded to become the new radius or corner along that horizontal ridge line. No filler necessary if done correctly...Heres a link with some pics that may help... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=3e8846e752
Attached Images

71 C/50 Grain Truck, 350 Split-Axle 4-Speed
02 3/4 ton Express
14 Indian Chief Vintage
1952 Ford 8N, "Only Ford Allowed On The Property"
"Be American, Buy American"

Last edited by Ironangel; 01-14-2018 at 01:47 PM.
Ironangel is offline   Reply With Quote