View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #14
clinebarger

Re: 200-4r doesn't like to go in gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
It was and had always been full of fluid, at least for the last year that I have owned it. Not to mention the fluid is very clean. I have a feeling the PO did have it rebuilt shortly before I bought the truck, but it was most likely a low quality job. The torque converter on the other hand looks like it is original from 1988! The TV cable is attached using the factory qjet linkage and a cable that's in good condition. I adjusted it using the instructions that are found all over this forum, it seemed to be adjusted properly when I got the truck. Hopefully I did it correctly and that wasn't the cause of all this. I have the trans pulled, just gonna rebuild it and I guess get a stock replacement converter. The motor in front of it will be approx 325hp and there is no need for a higher than stock stall converter with it. Here are the parts I plan to buy...

This kit (gonna get it locally, not from this retailer)

and this stock converter

And maybe this for the heck of it

I'm open to suggestions as to whether I am making decent decisions here or not. Keep in mind this is a budget build of sorts. I realize there are much better parts out there but I just need to get this thing reliable and back on the road.
TranStar/TransTec kits are good, Comes with a "lip Wizard" also....Makes installing the lip seals easy..

Never heard of Pro-King converters...Don't have an opinion on this brand.

I personally wouldn't use a B&M product if it was free!
SK-2004R http://transgoonline.com/products.ph...dcountview=Yes
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote