View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 12:04 AM   #75
Critter
Future TOTM Winner

Re: The "In over my head" build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventyOne View Post
From what I remember there is a way to run 8 lug on the smaller spindles if you buy different bearings. I don't know the specifics though. I went with the big bearing spindles because they are stronger.

Also, if it matters, I *think* '76 had a changeover partway through the year to the big bearing stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm at the beginning of my research on this subject, but I believe I read somewhere that the small bearing 8 lug setup uses the same spindles as the older 6 lug would. Thats why I was searching for the older/smaller bearing 8 lug hubs hoping I could just put the hub straight on to my original 6 lug spindle...but maybe that's incorrect info.

I was actually aware (surprisingly) of the mid 76 change. I had to get some tie rods or ball joints or something years ago for the GMC and I remember it being a question. Turns out mine is an early version. Thanks again for all your help!

Check it out www.lsdyno.com
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote