View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 11:26 AM   #39
MARTINSR

Re: Body Filler and Skim Coat for My Hood

I have to say, your method here is WAY, WAY out of the "auto body world" but creative and I hope it works out for you. On the window urethane, don't glue the hood to the braces with that urethane. If you do, later down the road you WILL have some serious "ghost lines" as it will get hard and not let the skin move at all and it needs to. So the skin WILL move some with the flexing of the hood and NOT move right at the urethane, you can imagine what this will do, not good. It would be akin to welding it there, not good.

On the primer, a quart of SPI with a quart of hardener would be less than $100 mailed to your door (free shipping) so you may want to think about that.

You can do all the research you want on the filler, but just regular old filler, any type, Rage Gold, 3m Platinum or cheap stuff like Nexera 2820 (about half the cost of the others and DAMN GOOD stuff) is going to do the job. Anyone who throws something out there like fiberglass reinforced or something like that is dreaming, just regular filler. And that Nexera blew my mind how good it worked for the money.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote