View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #48
baclay9

Re: baclay9's 83' SWB Build

Well guys, made a little bit of progress while I was home last time. No pics though so I guess we will just have to call this a teaser till I get hame again.

Got the 3.73's put in thanks to ALOT of help from Scott62. Also replaced all the bearings and seals in the rear end.

Found a set of rallies with caps and rings and had them sandblasted. I painted them with a Rustoleum Stainless Steel paint. It looks pretty good on them I think. I am going to mount tires on them and put on the caps and rings when I get home this time and I will decide if that color is going to work for me.

Also decided to swap my 350 for a built 454. I had a very well built long block dropped in my lap and even though it is going to ruin my chances of running A/C (large cam) the little boy inside me just can't pass up the oportunity to put a Big Block in this thing.

Anyway, that is about all I have to report this time. I will get some pics when I get home.

Plans for this time at home are to put all the steering components/brakes on the front end and try to start moving some of the fuel lines and stuff over from the old frame. I would love to get the gas tanks moved over as well but I will have to see how much time I have.
baclay9 is offline   Reply With Quote