View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 08:43 PM   #610
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's thread of miscelaneous stuff

Many of us have seen this. I'd bet my paycheck most think the same thoughts I do.

I drive so much I tend to let my thoughts wander. This was what I contemplated for the next several miles after seeing that ramp...

I was always pretty good at word problems but I'm not sure about this one. So I'm traveling at 75 mph and approach a ramp traveling at 70 mph. How much do I have to accelerate to clear the tow rig? The other pic suggested 47 mph for a 75' jump but that is stationary. Will 75' be enough room if the truck is moving 102.667' per second? We'll just add a few mph just in case. And I'm worried about wheel spin once I hit the ramp which is effectively stationary in relation to the tire speed. Better add some more speed. My momentum should help carry me through. So 75 + 50 + 10 = 135 mph ramp entry speed. Dammit! The fusion top speed is only about 105 mph. I'm going to have to ask him to slow down. Wait, where the hell did that ramp go?!

This was my reference pic...

Here's some pics from western ND. Around the Theodore Roosevelt National Park. I had never been north of it before. I always saw it from where I-94 passes through. This time I was up in Williston and driving south towards Dickenson. Pretty nice drive...

I watched about a half dozen deer run down that slope across from me all the way to the bottom and downstream.

The rock wall bordering the scenic overlook was made from petrified wood...

Evidence of a landslide I think...

Oil rig...

Rusty square in Brandon, SD

This wagoneer looked to be in decent shape, although it was parked in front of a repair shop. They weren't known for their dependability.

Plain jane plymouth? wagon. Pretty solid car. Would make a good sleeper for a dodge wagon fan.

Just a helicopter behind a body shop because why not?

This thing is waiting for Cheech Marin to scoop it up and make it lower and slower...

Uber driver in Nowhere, SD...

Miniature train that was used in the black hills about a century ago. That's a museum in the background, closed for the winter. I think this was in Deadwood. Not long after I took this pic I saw a bighorn sheep up on the hill as I was leaving town. It was the first time I had seen on in the wild. Didn't get a pic unfortunately.

This place had one helluva selection of signs to buy...

Quiz time. Anyone know what this is?
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote