View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 05:05 PM   #21
toolboxchev

Its for sure, we are still attached and detached. It's also an iconic part of history that will be missed to some extent. People made a living, had families, produced, earned, learned, and thrived. Problems exist in every business despite their day to day operations.

The products produced their helped America make its way through troubled times. Those vehicles are still in use today, some worse off than others. I just watched a Paper Mill in Oregon get the same treatment. I was even offered a position there, declined, then watched a judge in bankruptcy court finish off the plant citing an inability to maintain itself financially for the fifth time.

I know guys that are collecting their retirements in modesty after all this. The government now has control over the property and cannot find a buyer in a historical location with prime waterfront location.

It is quite sad, it is a loss to a way of life. If anyone has pics of the prosperity that existed their we would love to see them. That is how I would like to remember it.
toolboxchev is offline   Reply With Quote