View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 10:19 AM   #1
Bennett68C10

The Family Truckster- 66 Suburban Build

I picked up pretty clean 66 Burb a couple of months ago off my local craigslist. I had been thinking about buying something bigger that I could fit the whole family in and when I saw this suburban pop up I knew I had to go take a look at it. Between my son who was born in June and my stepson who is 4, I wouldn't be able fit everyone in the cab of my 68 C10 so I bought the Suburban and proceeded to part out my C10 which was still a project in the making. I went pretty deep on my C10, Choppin Block/Porterbuilt suspension to lay frame, big wilwood brakes, LQ9/4L80e combo, 20" TTII wheels.

For the Burb, I decided that I didn't want to go that extreme so I sold the suspension and brakes off my 68 as well as the cab, doors, buddy buckets and some other misc. items. As many of you already know, with the birth of my son, the truck funds have dried up significantly This is the other reason I decided not to use the suspension and brakes off of my 68. I did keep the LQ9/4L80e combo as I plan on putting it in the burb. I also plan on doing a mild bag job front and rear along with Accuair to control it. I'm undecided on the wheels, I still have the 20" TTII wheels from my 68, I may use those or I may go with factory 15" steelies and caps. The burb has the original front seat but is missing the rear seats so I need to figure out what to do for a rear seat. I hope to have the Burb running and and the road this year but we'll see how that goes.

Some pics of the Burb and one of my 68 I sold.
Attached Images

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10
Bennett68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote