View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #15
russgoodman

Re: Project "3Face"

January 23rd I started the truck for the first time. I got the fuel pump in and replaced the pump to carb line with a steel unit. I used a cheap pump from harbor freight to suck the old gas out of the tank. I shot some air into the fuel line from under the hood and it belched out a bunch of the old gas. It fired up quickly but I had to help it out quite a bit until it was warmed up. After that it idled smooth and sounded pretty good. I was able to put in in reverse and back up and drive it forward as well about 10 ft each way. The brakes seemed to work ok as well. I figured I had better not take it on the street until I checked out the brakes, changed the oil, etc. I'm trying to get it to where it can move on its own power and drive it a little here and there before I totally tear it apart. I decided to put a filter between the metal fuel line at the frame rail and the fuel pump and now it won't fire up. It will start with started fluid but dies as soon as I stop spraying. Looks like either the tank is clogged with crud, the new fuel pump went out, or the filter I put in there is causing a restriction to the pump. Once I get some cooler weather I will try to fix this issue and get it running again.

While I was messing around, I figured I would try out the CLR and green scotch brite pad trick and see if it made a difference on the hood patina. Only did half the hood because it was Feb and still pretty cold. I was impressed how well it worked, and its obvious from the pictures that I could go back over it and it will come out even better.

Also got a few pics with both of my trucks together - 39 years difference between the 2
Attached Images

2008 GMC Sierra Denali - 6.2L AWD - my daily
2011 Ford Flex Limited - Ecoboost AWD - wife's daily
1987 Buick Regal Turbo T - 63K miles - Strip/Street car
1965 Ford Mustang Coupe - 289, c4, 53K miles

Last edited by russgoodman; 08-20-2013 at 11:27 PM.
russgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote