Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 08:34 AM   #1410
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic1947 View Post
Starting to come together, Mike, and looking good! Having spent some time up in that neck of the woods, I know from experience daylight's fading and drizzle's on the way. Do you have room to move indoors or will the rat be under the tarp again this winter?
Life has gotten in the way this week but its given me time to ponder this issue, I have measured the space in my garage between the air compressor, work bench, shelve unit and the support post in the center of the garage and the door, I figure I have about 6" of space to spare on the front to back and 6" maybe 8" side to side, Oh, about 2" clearance at the top of the garage door, this is if I can get everything else moved over to the other side of the garage and the truck will be at a slight angle. I'm going to give it a shot before it gets too damp outside. This is going to choke my ability to do anything in the garage unless I pull the truck out or clear the other side, but I understand that that primer won't last forever over the body work I have done.

So I had the hood closing before I installed the grill and the cowl, naturally now the hood hits the cowl on the driver side but the fender to hood gaps on both sides are very equal front to back and relatively the same side to side. I'm guessing I need to move the driver fender forward rather than try and slide the hood or hinge forward? I'll try and address this soon, working this weekend.

Front bumper was blasted and premiered yesterday and was in the drying oven at 4PM, will pick it up after work.

I had hoped to have the truck down to the glass place a week ago but nothing go's as hoped.. I need to get the hood issue resolved, bumper on and turn signals working before I can drive it anywhere.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote