View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #57
Precision Parts
Tech Help

Re: Rebuilding Vent Windows, How To...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project82 View Post
Very nice info on this part of our trucks! i replaced my vent window seals about 2 years ago and i probably should've left the original vent window seals in because now with the windows all shut, it sounds like i'm missing an entire window lol. very LOUD wind noise. but im wondering if the seals i bought were right to begin with, i mean they fit but were not exactly the same. my windows are '82 model (2-piece weatherstrip), so i ordered the seal from LMC and they sent me 1-piece design seals??? i thought maybe they re-designed the seals to fit better than the 2-piece seals? so i installed them as-is, but i skipped out on buying some weatherstrip adhesive....so anyway im going to have tackle this project again, plus i have a couple spots to touch up paint too.

Just wanted to know how the reassembly process went with the rivets and the tool you ordered???

thanks, Kris
The 81-85 were typically 2 piece style and unique to your assembly. That one piece does not fit snug so it's no wonder you're getting some wind noise. You can not use the 73-80 either as they will be slightly different.

The 2 piece style have been hard to get a hold off but I will have some coming in a few days.

-d

Updates
Subscribe --->Installation Videos
Follow ------->Instagram
Like---------->Facebook
Precision Parts is offline   Reply With Quote