View Single Post
Old 02-25-2022, 08:16 AM   #548
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do to your truck today??

I got through most of a summer in a '71 I had that wouldn't start once running temp. I was picking my son up at daycare after work, too. The routine was pop the hood while I went in to get him, although that didn't let it cool enough. Then I'd scoop a big cup full of water from the cooler and pour it on the starter, shut hood, hop in, and fire it up. I finally replaced it when I had the time.

I can travel to a lot of junkyards, mostly within an hour. The one here people come from all around, like out of Baltimore and Wash, DC and their suburbs. The location is, or was, just far enough outside the cities to have junkyards, saw mills, and dirt roads. Also is where all the contractors and truckers lived because we can do what we want here. But the old story, development, is changing that. Actually, Baltimore used to have a lot of Junkyards, as well as US1 between there and DC. Used to be the blue collar corridor. A place no one else wanted to live. Race tracks, motels, bars, speed shops, car shops. used car lots, Bike shops, and trucking companies. It's amazing how that stretch has changed. Real estate became a valuable thing

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-25-2022 at 08:24 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote