View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #36
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Started on getting the suspension back together yesterday. Ran into a small snag with the lower balljoints. The Moog joints I got didn't fit snug into the lower control arms for some reason. I was able to find some supposed oversize ones from the local parts store. I wasn't confident in them either so I went ahead and tacked them in place. Worst case at some point Ill have to replace the lower arms.

The new delrin bushings went in nice, especially with the ridetech bushing tool. I did have to shim the upper control arm crossbars which they supply the parts for that.

The subframe bolted back in with no problem so i was able to start the reassembly of the parts. I was able to add some front caster since I had some new holes drilled in the lower control arm crossbars. I had drilled 2 in each one and I was only able to use the one closest to the stock hole because of the rear bushings coming to close to the subframe. I forget the exact measurements but it was whatever was recommended in the caster thread.

The upper spring plate supplied with the Ridetech kit fit kinda wonky but I think it will be fine. I talked to John @RT briefly about it.

I wasn't able to attach the new shocks yet as I can't get enough weight on the front to push the control arms up enough. It may have to wait until I get the engine back in.

Hoping to get the brakes on today and the steering in place, I need to do some work on my Audi so Id like to be able to push it out of the garage for the day.

cruizin01 is offline   Reply With Quote