View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 08:58 PM   #40
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

worked on the truck quite a bit over the weekend. I located and drilled the new holes for the front leaf hangers. The 2wd hanger is narrower than the 4wd hanger. So I just centered the new hanger between the holes from the old hanger.

Sunday I prepped the oem 2wd hanger along with the bottom and outer frame rails for paint. I decided to prep and repaint the passenger side rail from the rear all the way up to the front cab mount. The drivers side is separated by the fuel tank so I was ok with just painting the rear section.

I really wanted to paint everything with the epoxy paint I had been using but I couldn't justify trying to tape the hole underside of the truck off to use the hvlp gun. I decided to just use a high quality aerosol paint and go with it. It turned out fine. Matches everything else Ive done very closely. Ill get some pics this week.

Tonight I tried to get the axle hang with the new leaf springs. Ran into an issue right off the bat with the ridetech axle flip brackets. The brackets dont bottom out in the leaf pockets so that gives the axle way too much room to rotate. I contacted Ridetech and they are gonna get with engineering in the morning. Frustrating though as I planned to get a lot of work in tonight. Oh well. $hit always happens.
cruizin01 is offline   Reply With Quote