View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 05:49 PM   #126
mvitale27

Re: Matt's 56 3600 4X4 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
when I did my hinges I took a pic to remember how they look, then dissassembled, sandblasted, welded up a few really oblong holes, drilled the holes to accept a common pin and bushing set, then primed and assembled. you really need to watch the pin and bushing set because they can be a poor fit from new. maybe better to find a tight fitting bushing and pin then ream them after they are installed.

I had a spare cab that was bent badly so I cut the eyebrow out of it and welded it into the cab I am using. the eyebrow part wasn't available at that time. not sure about now. drill through the spot welds and be aware there is lead filler on each corner at the top of the A pillar. I cut the inner panel and outer panel out and installed as a unit. there are also reinforcements in the cab corners in that area on each side so be careful of what you cut into there. they are around the visor mount holes and you will likely see the spot welds from the inside.
I havent been able to find a donor cab or a better cab. The only reproduction panels I can find are the entire outer roof shell and the entire inner roof. I'm yet to find a patch for the area both you and I require repairs of. Yours looks like it came out great.

Matt's 3/4T 4X4 Build
mvitale27 is offline   Reply With Quote