View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 10:34 PM   #14
dmjlambert

Re: fuse panel detailed description or diagram

It depends on your goal. If the insulation on the wires is not cracking or melted and wires are not corroded, you can just troubleshoot problems one at a time until resolved. Post new questions as you think of them in the Electrical section and somebody who knows about that particular topic will help. Pictures are useful.

In my case the wiring appeared to be in good condition but I had a dozen wires in various locations eaten by rats, and I had 1 melted connector for the heater fan switch. I soldered in sections of new wire and used heat shrink tubing to fix the wires, and put a new-to-me used connector on, and it was back to 100%.

Most of the switches and bulbs were bad in my truck, that would not have been fixed by a wiring harness. I just tested and replaced all the bad lights, such as the headlights and turn signal lights. And replaced the various switches, such as headlight, hi-lo dimmer, and turn signal switch. Some people just replace all the wiring because they are doing a complete restore, and replacing everything else so might as well replace the wiring.
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote