View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 10:48 AM   #1
Jackson's Dad 64 C10

Aftermarket engine crossmember?

I’m weighing out options for the front end on our ‘64, and I keep going in circles. The goals are: lower it (around 5”), disc brakes, rack and pinion steering, and is like tubular control arms for alignment adjustability (and geometry). I was leaning towards the TCI pro touring IIFS, or the No Limit Wide Ride IFS, but both are a chunk of change at once. It’s ok from an overall budget perspective, but I sold this project to my wife as “a little along”. It’s going to be a daily driver for my 9 year old when he gets to that point. It’s a father/son project until then.

That being said, I’m looking at options to spread the cost over some time. I could use Performance Online for the parts, and that’s all doable while meeting the goals, but I’ve never seen an aftermarket crossmember with improved clearance over stock. The IFS kits that I mentioned above both include a new crossmember with much better clearance. Does anyone have a source for just the crossmember? If so, then piecing it together may be the way to go. If not, I’ll have to shift my attention to another part of the truck for a bit. Just dropped $3k on an LY6 and 6L90E, so the boss lady has requested that I slow the spending for a bit. Any input is appreciated! Thanks!
Jackson's Dad 64 C10 is offline   Reply With Quote