Thread: project 39
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 11:39 AM   #22
CSHADES

Re: project 39

After thinking about it I decided the front fenders that I have sitting on the truck should go back on the truck they belong to, which is my 40.I put glass fenders on that truck because at the time I didn't have the metal working skill or tools that I have now and I also was in a hurry to get the truck on the road. I want to replace the glass fenders with the steel after they are fixed. So I dragged another set out of my storage area and started on them. I bought these fenders at the Frog Follies swap meet back in 2010. I was driving my coupe and had no way of getting them home. My friend Dave from KC was there along with some of his buddies and one of them was nice enough to haul them from the swap meet back to KC and then Dave brought them to WI when he came to visit a couple of months later. They are kind of ugly with a nasty welded up tear on the passenger fender. I mounted them on the truck so they weren't moving around. I made a curved piece of rod and bent a patch to replace the ugly part and welded it in. Both fenders have some other tears and damage that needs to be addressed but the worst part is fixed. I am just glad I was able to buy these as you don't see them for sale very often.
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote