View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 07:55 PM   #31
SCOTI

Re: 84' 3/4 lowered advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightrider View Post
AWESOME thanks alot! so now we have the back end done... im thinking about a 2 or 3 inch spindle drop with a 1 or 2 inch spring drop so it will be 4 either way does that sound good? those are the spindles
http://www.x2industries.com/chevrole...l#.Wvy0fkxFxN7
The rear typically requires more drop vs the front to be level. That's why you see 2/4 drops or 3/5; 4/6; 5/7 etc..... Whatever drop the rear of the truck ends up at you simply need to match the front to it. If not, there will be some rake.

I advise you to take measurements now & before taking the truck apart (now for ordering parts; before you start just to make sure nothing has changed). Take them WHERE you disassemble things so you have a solid control point in case you need to reference back to 'what you started with'. I write it all down in a little pocket notebook so I have it for reference. (and put it on masking tape @ each wheel opening for quick confirmation).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote