Thread: '50 chevy 3100
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 04:25 PM   #48
Matt_50

Re: '50 chevy 3100

So i ordered the engine universal tubular crossmember and mounts. I have been reading various v8 swap builds and I want to make sure I have my facts straight. I'm installing a 350/350 combo. I need to go back just far enough so there is still room to pull distributor. The old motor crossmember comes out...and the tubular one will go in. The trans crossmember needs to be removed and placed under the frame.

I am unfortunately doing this outside in the dirt. I'm thinking that when I'm ready to install the engine and trans that I need to level the truck. That or put a level on truck and one on engine when installed. I'm thinking just leveling the truck will be easier or better.

When I set the crossmember locations, I need to do so by putting a level on my carburetor and mount the engine with the carburetor level correct? Will this also make my trans pan level?

Im concerned with putting everything in so I get good fuel, good oil flow, good trans oil flow, and be able to set pinion angle. I'm not 100% clear on how far off I can get without issues.
Matt_50 is offline   Reply With Quote