Thread: '50 chevy 3100
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 10:14 PM   #49
Matt_50

Re: '50 chevy 3100

Well I'm finally back at it. I've been on again off again sick for two weeks and have not felt like doing much outside. Well I had hoped to get floor done but it's not quite there. Buddy came out and redid half of what I started.. a bummer but at least it's getting done right. One side is completely done and looks awesome though!

I started a side project. Steering column. I've never taken any all the way apart, replaced a couple air bags and clocksprings and an ignition or two but that's it. I started a thread on this little project because I was a little lost but I talked an old mechanic and I found a breakdown for a Belair and I think I understand all the inside a now.

Junkyard I went to did not have a complete steering wheel in the place and I think I'm missing something on the one I grabbed for my new column. I'm not sure what type of horn button it should have any ideas?

What is the prong thing on the back of this steering wheel for?

I can fit my original one on... I think I will test fixing of cracks on it at the very least.

Column came out of a 57 chevy Belair and I think it will look a lot more original than the c10 one.
Matt_50 is offline   Reply With Quote