View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 04:27 PM   #62
skorpioskorpio

Re: Project Madera: A Jimmy GT

I was hoping to get the frame out to the blaster this week but delays and coordination have forced me to have to procrastinate that a bit. Delmo is full up because I missed my window, since he was going to do the Porterbuilt frame prep, so maybe this weekend I'll grind off all the crap the PO welded to the rear of the frame. I don't really understand why it was necessary to weld in the rear cross member and bumper brackets to mount a cheap 3500lb, 200lb tongue loop hitch but he did.

My plates are off to the Tag Dr and will come back all new and shiny and scored an unused red month sticker (those of you from the other 49 states will have no idea what I'm on about), and my Marchal lighting is starting to trickle in. Also need to start stripping the firewall.

There was a post a week or so back in the pickup forums about the odd extra wiper mount under the cowl which has me all intrigued now and noticed that '66 and earlier has opposed wipe wiper linkage (as opposed to 67-72 parallel linkage) and thinking this may be translatable to these trucks. I would really like to extend the cowl induction hood all the way to the windshield and opposed wipers solves the issue with the passenger side wiper that would cause.
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote