View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
Dub_X
Professional Crow Bar Tosser

94 Suburban to Crew Build: The 50/50 Turban

Well, this is Suburban number two. But it's going to be build number one. This one is a 1994 Chevy Suburban 4x4. This is going to be an almost identical build to the '97. But this one isn't as stripped. No motor, no trans, some of the dash stripped out, door panels stripped, no front seat. BUT, no horrible wiring removed. The '88 is going to become a sacrificial lamb for this build.

The motor and trans are coming out of the '88. A lot of the dash components are coming out of the '88. The bench seat will temporarily be mounted in the front of the Suburban for a temporary front seat. The front suspension that was put under the '88 brand new by me and my dad, is going to go under the front of the Burb. And that's all to make it driveable again. Then down the road, we're gonna hack the back of the Burb and add the back of the '88 cab, and use the back of the '88 frame to extend the Suburban frame out to put a pickup bed on it.

Anyway, here's some pics of the '94 Suburban. Also, the '88 was resurrected to go get this beast.

The '88's first road trip since 2010. Glad to know that it can still go. I'm satisfied. 75 mile drive to Stockton, MO.

Here's the Burb back on the ground, with a temporary right front door.

Well, here's my new beast. Let me know what everyone thinks of the future project, and the truck itself.

I think some time tomorrow, depending on weather, I'm going to get some interior pics.
Dub_X is offline   Reply With Quote