View Single Post
Old 11-16-2002, 09:43 AM   #1
Brian76GMC

Looking for info/owners of special edition trucks

Howdy truck nuts. Im so glad to have found this site!!!!! I have taken an interest in the special edition trucks GM offered in the '70's. I have a 1976 "Spirit of 76" GMC and just recently aquired a 1976 Indy Pace Truck, complete with an eagle decal on the hood and down both sides of the truck.
The "spirit" truck is blue and white with the chrome mouldings. The interior is what makes it unique. It has a red,white and blue bench seat, blue carpet, white door panels with woodgrain trim and small "Spirit of 76" emblems on them. The dash pad is blue with woodgrain as well. I have started a resto on this truck. The cab was replaced with a rust free western unit, all new GM front sheetmetal and trim. The interior is not put back in yet. I just recently found a dash pad and Im still wondering what to do with the worn/faded door trim panels. My truck is a 2 wd half ton. I have seen a 4WD drive version at Carlisle, Pa swap meet. I have not found any literature on this truck at all.
My other truck is a 1976 Indy Pace Truck. I just got this one from a guy whose brother bought it new. Its a 3/4 ton 2 WD truck. Its gray with red interior. It has a huge eagle decal on the hood and decals that run the length of each side of the truck. I recieved some literature with it. The truck is solid but the paint and decals are rough. I plan on repainting it soon and leaving the decals off. I doubt they are available and having them reproduced would probably cost a small fortune.
I have seen a Gentleman Jim truck before. It was brown and gold, highly optioned. Im not sure what year it was. I saw literature on this truck at a swap meet. Searching the web for info I came across a website about a "Beau James" truck. I had never heard of one of them before. What else is out there??? Anyone here have one of these unique trucks??

My GMC's that I sold
Brian76GMC is offline   Reply With Quote