View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 06:39 AM   #24
6971k5crazed

Re: ¿....such a thing as a Vic Hickey edition Blazer??

I believe I may have recently bought the 1969 Hickey built Baja1000 Blazer. It is very similiar to the aug 1969 popular hot rodding cover. Mine has had a front bumper and grill guard installed later and somebody rigged plexiglass for windshield so it could be driven on street However it has dual coilover mounts that look factory (riveted), the roll bar is fully integrated, the truck never had windows or armrests because panels don't have holes. There are no holes to mount the top, The motor is very high performance, has trans and pwr steering coolers, front disk brakes, possibly even the sponge Hickey steering wheel and lucas spotlight is still there. It has been sitting about 20 years. I bought it for parts because the body is straight except fender and my 71 needs rockers and other work. I was going to drop motor and trans into my 75 Monza because it's stock motor is a slug. Until I confirm one way or another if this in fact a Hickey built Blazer I have stopped tearing it apart and put my plans on hold. If anybody knows how many of these 69 blazers were done because I believe a couple in So Cal has one as well i would appreciate any input or info. Here's a couple of pics. I will take additional pics of undercarriage later next week. thanks, Michele
Attached Images

6971k5crazed is offline   Reply With Quote