View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 07:57 PM   #38
SCOTI

Re: 2.25" Leaf Spring Flip and Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by a32axo View Post
With truck fully dropped no shock, measurement is 11.5 inches so what size shock I need?
Maybe the front shock needs to be more heavy duty? Ther rear shock that was installed before was Kyb gas adjust stock shock for rear. It was a really bouncy bumpy ride.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm not a fan of the KYB Gas-A-Just line of shocks because the ones I've messed with (on C10's & G-body Malibus )were way to stiff/harsh. RCD (Race Car Dynamics) used to offer re-valved Bilsteins but I just chacked their site & they don't list info/dimensions like they used to.

Now that you know your ride height shock dimension, I would add/subtract 3-3.5" from that dimension for your searches. So look for these approximate dimensions:

8" fully compressed
11.5 ride height (mid point)
15" fully extended

Ride tech has some NICE shocks (HQ Series) that are adjustable for rebound so you could dial them in to suit your exact needs. They have a killer warranty but are expensive vs. off the shelf/non-adjustable shocks.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote