View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 02:56 PM   #44
SCOTI

Re: Squarebody Trailing Arm Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec010974 View Post
Hello Bluex. Your truck looks great. I'm trying to figure why was it necessary to convert your leaf spring suspension, to a trailing arm suspension, for air ride? Is this the norm? I had an 1971 C10, with air ride and I thought the ride was a lil harsh, compared to the leaf spring suspension? Then again, I didn't have all PB components either. It was basically, a garage built vehicle. My reason for asking is that I have the same truck you have and I may go the air ride route again, but with all PB stuff. I gotta pony up the coins first. Thanks in advance. Any information is greatly appreciated. Clark.
Truck arm set-ups (bag or coil) offer better ride quality vs factory leaf set-ups. I've had both years of trucks @ the same time (a 68 & a 74). They were dropped similarly & there was NO comparison. The 68 was much better.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote