View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 01:28 AM   #1317
texjake

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ole dollor View Post
William once you get all the wood out , it not to bad from there on, mine came out real easy but my son was doing most of the work, we had it out in no time...putting it back in was really kind of fun , and that new wood looks great .
Hey Don, nice work on the new dash pad. I hope yours turned out a lot better than mine did. I wasn't too crazy about how mine fit once I got it installed. It's too short on the ends & it's kinda flimsy feeling and dang sure doesn't fit like the original one did. I got mine from Brothers and I'm not real happy with it, but too late to do anything about it now. As most of us know, you have to gut the complete dash to remove & install a new dash pad in these old trucks.

I agree, once all the old wood, strips & rusty bolts are out I am hoping the easy part is putting the new wood, strips and bolts back in. When my wood boards are finished getting milled & cut, I'm taking my truck out to a friends shop & we are going to use his car lift to lift the bed off the frame & torch the remaining rusty bolts off. That will make it so much easier!