View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 02:20 AM   #19
Mrturner1

Re: Here goes nuthin!! Bodywork and paint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy51 View Post
It's looking good. Now comes the primer then sand with blocks not your bare hands. As Hugger said-use a guide coat before sanding. I just grab a rattle can of usually black krylon and just mist on a very light coat from a couple feet away. As you sand you'll see any low or high spots. Just keep priming and sanding till it's all uniform using gradually finer grits down to 400 or so. You'll find low spots that may need more filler and high spots that may need to get hammered down a bit. Don't be in a hurry. What you do now will determine how good the final job will be. I like your "booth". I've done many nice paint jobs in my driveway. I just wait for a calm day-wet the area to keep dust down and go for it! The problem with doing it inside without a booth is that unless you have some sort of exhaust fan-you'll get a lot of over-spray that will settle everywhere....be careful if you do use fans-paint fumes are explosive...Keep us posted on your progress and way to be brave! You're saving a ton of money and you'll be able to say "I did that!"
Hey thanks! I was a bit nervous but I'm having fun now and I can't wait to see the finished product. I was so proud that I rebuilt the motor, and when people asked I was able to say I did it myself. Now I'll really be able to take pride in the truck because the heart was built by me, and the body too! thanks for the tips
Mrturner1 is offline   Reply With Quote