View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 06:27 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Re: Down but not out.

Oh how those old aches and pains can turn into restrictions and limitations. With arthritis you wonder are you hurting yourself by still doing what you figure brought it on or are you keeping range of motion up. I think the A word is as much or more hereditary as any other reason.

Bone spurs sure do suck. That's usually from going at it too hard over and over. I had that in a heal from hitting the first rung on the ladder going from walking to climbing. That summer I got fed up with help and was running siding on houses alone. So all up and down and I mean hustling butt.

Tendons tearing is no joke. No quick fix on those. I wish you a full recovery on that. Just have to keep from going crazy letting that arm be.

I wonder if these injuries are from pulling yourself up onto the fire engines. I know a lot of guys who drove trucks ended up with a bad shoulder from years of that, and probably a lot of going hard at it.

I still have to work for a living, and don't see an end coming too soon. I'm having to learn new ways to do some things and maybe even start limiting what I take on. Yet I feel if I stopped things would go downhill. We're a lot like our trucks. They'll just keep on going, but after so long the joints go bad (tie rod ends, ball joints, drag link ends, u-joints, steering box...)

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote