View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 06:35 PM   #18
Missyblue

Re: Hood alignment help

Ok so we fought with it today. The hood won haha. So the hood is as far forward on the hinge as it will allow already from the pictures above I discovered yet still sits too far back and high on the cowl. We tried adding the shim on the lower bolt of the bracket that mounts to the firewall and it didn't seem to change much so not sure if I just need a bigger shim. So questions
1. When you say have a person in the engine bay are you completely removing the hinge 1st or just have them loose so it can move around? We had everything loose and were still struggling to get the right movement and then not sure how to tighten her up from under there. Even with the extensions I have I couldn't get access to the bolts around the hinges when the hood as shut on my head haha
2. If I do need to remove hinges(possibly for bigger slots??? As dsraven said might happen) will the spring stay on or am I going to have to get that buger back On?

I know they didn't remove anything to paint this truck so I feel like I should be able to get it together without starting over with body panels but maybe I'm hoping

Thank you

Last edited by Missyblue; 06-21-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Missyblue is offline   Reply With Quote