View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 11:14 PM   #21
65Custom

Re: 65Custom Build Thread

I decided to go ahead and get new skins for my doors since the skin cost is considerably less than one new door shell and I got nothing but time on my hands to fixmy

doors. Since I tried to find some good doors but everything I come accross is worse than what I have.

The parts came in today and DS panel is bent in the top corner by the mirror mounting holes I will probably be call them them tomorrow about that one.

I also bought new cab corners since I was having issues with getting them to fit right without a lot of cursing and other things flying across the garage and after

talking to Alan about his and what he ended up doing I decided to get new ones.

I searched all the suppliers and settled on one that i thought might be the correct ones.

I got the new cab corners too and man what a difference. I don't want to hammer on any of the suppliers out there but I cant believe they get away with what they are

selling.

Some of you out there may have already experienced this but attached are pictures of the first ones I bought sitting next to the new ones and you can really see the

difference.

If anyone is about to do this you may want to re think the parts you have. The new ones have the correct shape to the B Post also at the bottom where they meet the rocker

it also has a more correct pinch weld on the back wall, it is amazing how much better these are in just the shape etc.

I fitted the the passenger side today and it look pretty good to me, these fit like a charm and look correct and were much easier to get fitted.

As soon as I can post pics again I will put them up

My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=366677

I must be
65Custom is offline   Reply With Quote