View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 01:32 AM   #4
Dino Driver

Re: 1960 Chev build.....slow build.

The first set of pics I put up are from 1989. He looks great after 2 days of scrub brush and elbow grease. A friend knew I was looking for a truck of this era and called me late one afternoon telling me he found one but we had to move quick. We got halfway out to the guys place when we saw them on the road, pulling it with a rope. Apparently the owner of the property told the guy to get rid of the truck that had been sitting under the cedar tree for 6 years. I ended up getting the truck for a $100 but I had to take over duties as the pilot. My neighbors were not happy with me, nor was my father, who told me I could not park it on the property. It took me a couple of weeks to sort out the electrical problems and with the help of a neighbor we drug the truck around the neighborhood while I dropped the clutch to get it started. It would not start by cranking the starter. It had a 235, 6 cylinder which didn't take long for me to find it was really tired. After doing some background checking I found that the second owner of the truck was a friend of mine from bowling. The guy I got the truck from never registered it and only bought it for the tires he never used and were by then, cracked out. So I am the third owner. In the glove box was every registration ever put on the truck, including the temp registration from when they drove it off the lot brand new!
Attached Images

Dino Driver is offline   Reply With Quote