View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 07:49 PM   #6
NEWFISHER

Re: Installing a 700r4 behind a 292

I have done several behind 235's with adapters ( buffalo) and behind 250's. The TV cable adjustment is very important and you are on the right path with adjustable. Contact Bowtieoverdrives and they may have something figured out for the 1bbl carb/throttle lever. I have always used 2bbl's and 4bbls on Clifford intakes. TCI has the easiest and cheapest "kit" for 4th gear lock up and it uses a vacuum switch. I have also run a mid 80's gm vac switch for the later TH350's that had lock up in 3rd. I use just a vac switch as the vacuum in the engine changes when you step on the brakes anyway so I felt a brake switch wasn't needed. All have worked well. You can also hard wire the 4th gear lock up internally yourself so it is powered up when the 4th solenoid responds when the trans shifts into 4th. Adding a switched 12v power wire at the connector will also allow you to manually lock it up in 3rd or 4th (3rd if you tow). Snoop around on the interwebs, there are a few schematics out there showing how it's done.