View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 06:46 PM   #246
Dub_X
Professional Crow Bar Tosser

Re: How about some pics of 88-98 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1016 View Post
Short version, I rear-ended somebody. And anytime you rear-end somebody, it's your fault.

Long version: I was in the second lane from the right, on the interstate at rush hour. I had left a nice cushion between me and the car in front of me. There were two cars up ahead, on the shoulder with their flashers going. Everybody in the right lane was getting over to make room for the cars on the shoulder. A Ranger passed me on the right, then jumped into the spot in front of me -- there goes my cushion. As she did that, the cars on the shoulder started merging back out into traffic, slowly. I saw the cars in front of me slow down, and I slowed down too...then I glanced away to scan up ahead and see what was happening. Then, when I looked back, the cars ahead of me had continued to slow down, for some reason. The lady in the Ranger (who I hit) said the cars in front of her stopped in the middle of the interstate. She told me she didn't think it was my fault, and told the trooper the same thing...but like I said before, anytime you rear-end somebody, it's your fault. I didn't get a ticket, at least. But I only have liability insurance, so fixing it was all on me. I was ready to replace that cowl hood anyway
Well look at the bright side - nobody got hurt, and looks like there wasn't much to replace on the truck. But what matters, is that nobody was hurt.
Dub_X is offline   Reply With Quote