View Single Post
Old 12-23-2002, 03:50 AM   #2
Tuffold72

I would go for the 73-77 Dana 44 front and any full floater from 73-86 would work nice. The 14 bolt is easy to swap in, but you may have to do some driveshaft mods due to it having larger u-joints. The rear shock mounts will need to be matched up to the 67-72 style. that is in front of the axle tube. The spring perches will need to be moved inward to match the early springs. I have yet to see new pre fabbed perches sold that will fit the 14 bolt, but there is a article on Off-road.com that shows how to build your own. and of coarse you will need new u-bolts and upper spring plate retainers. As far as the front goes, you should be able to slide that in there with no problems. You may need the upper spring retainer plates and ubolts as some of the early drumm 44 fronts had a smaller diameter tubing. Your going to need some new brake hoses and master cylinder for the disc brakes to. Thats all I can think of for now. Oh, if you have the old style closed knuckle axle, the steering arm will need to be changed as it will be to short. Good luck
Tuffold72 is offline   Reply With Quote