Thread: 4L60e overhaul
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 04:52 PM   #37
Chevyrestorerman
Account Suspended

Re: 4L60e overhaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
I'm just posting up what I am doing. I have no.problem taking in any and all suggestions and am certainly glad you have posted. Will I use them all? You posted it yourself in a hard headed individual from Texas. Yall ran the last one off and he did have mad skills and knowledge.

Either way thanks again for the input I will certainly think them over. I post o plenty of forums and have been called names but I don't let that hold me back. I just want the why when I spend my hard earned money.

Am I wrong when I suggest that without the pwm for the converter clutch it is either on or off? This seems pretty similar to the setup in the 2004r and the 700r4. If you provide decent pressure and don't try to lock it up at full throttle it should engage. And if it engages stay engaged until told to release by adding throttle angle or a vacuum drop. Am I way off? I like to know what things do. I can be over the top, I get that. It isn't personal.

Again thank you very much for the suggestions. Obviously they work for you. I just want to understand the magic in there that makes it so.

As far as the guy with the "tight" crank, kudos to him for getting out and doing. Checkbook hotrodders might fund a lot of business but i don't respect a guy who doesn't wrench on his stuff. Doesn't mean i don't like them or wont help them, just don't respect them. To me hot rodding ia about putting it together and making it work, no matter how many times or late nights and weekends it takes. And with YouTube, one can learn just about anything. We all started somewhere. And if everyone knew everything nothing would ever go wrong. I try to be a lifelong learner and hope to help others along the way.
WOW dude, not sure exactly what you are saying about running people off. I just indicated you got it covered and you do not need me to tell ya how to do your DIY job. thats it.
Chevyrestorerman is offline   Reply With Quote