View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #45
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Thanks to all who have posted- you guys keep me motivated It's hard sometimes to keep the vision- it occasionally just looks like a directionless pile of junk to me. I think if I could stay off these forums, I could maybe finish this little project- there are just too many great ideas floating around here. There has been ZERO physical progress since my last tiny update due to being out on business for a bit, but I plan to get back to it with a vengeance and make up for lost time ASAP, which leads to the next revelation...

Any of you following my '72 Blazer build know that I parted ways with it, not necessarily by choice, but for good reason. It was like pulling off a band-aid, you don't really want to, but you know you have to, so the wound will properly heal... Between that time and now, I have managed to piece my life back together and am stable and headed in a new direction, which gives me an opportunity to think about playing in the garage again Boosting this newfound(re-found?) interest is a recent conversation I had with my soon-to-be wife about the truck. She thinks that it will be cool to make the truck a part of the coming wedding celebration (how awesome is that?!) She would like to see it in a semi-completed state so we can have it on-site for photo ops and be used for hauling some of the props, decorations, etc and to be used as something for the guys to paint with shoe polish and hang cans off the bumper... She also knows that working on this old junk keeps me happy and relaxed, which is a good thing

The snag is, it can't just get painted and appear complete, it must be road-worthy, capable of some fairly long distance interstate travel while also being reliable and semi-comfortable. We are to be married in June, so that leaves a small window to get everything done in, and necessitates the installation of the Classic Auto Air kit I have sitting on a shelf... I have started putting together a punch list of items that need to be completed to make it happen. The hard part is finding the balance between what needs to be done and what I want to do, and without cutting corners. Luckily, I have most of the parts already and the required funds for completion are being added to the wedding budget , finding the time may prove to be the hard part.

Sorry for the long, drawn-out, lack-of-update post. I wanted to put this out there, so hopefully you guys can hold me accountable

...and yes, I am one lucky guy. I am very blessed to have found such a wonderful woman who wants to integrate the things I like into our life together. Another upside is that since the truck will now be 'a part of the family', she won't ever ask me to sell it

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote