View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 09:20 AM   #3
bwood

Re: Looking for Performance Vortec Distributor

Thanks for the reply. I do know that the dist is basically just there for the coil/plugs and the Camshaft pos sensor. I just don't want to pay this much and get a piece of crap. I understand why these things are the way they are, it's just wears me out how much you pay for these things and they let you down and even when your dealer knows of the problem they say "well it will hold for a while, but it going to happen again" (ref to the first time the intake gaskets were replaced on my truck). I know they are only a service center, but you would think that if enough of them worked together, we might see a better/quicker response. I was talking to the service manager here at the Chevy house, I asked him if he knew of the newer revised gaskets for these vehicles, he said he did but the can't install them under warranty. That just doesn't make sense. You know, my neighbor across the street just bought his old work (99 F250 w/ 5.4 V8) truck from the paving company he works for. He has driven it since it was new. It has 256,000k and has never had a problem other than tune up issues. Anyway, I'm still a GM guy and always will be.
2005 Honda CRF250R
2006 Honda CRF150F
bwood is offline   Reply With Quote