View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 04:41 AM   #1952
InitialBoss

Re: SoCal checkin' in

Hey guys, I've run into a little snag with my truck. It appears to be leaking trans fluid or the fluid is spurting out of the fill tube. I noticed that there appeared to be fluid underneath my truck and on my cardboard boxes I put under it. I'm thinking it's splashing my hood because I notice a big stain on the underside of my hood near where the trans fluid dipstick and filler tube area is. I'm wondering if the previous mechanic created too much vacuum when he thought that was the reason why the truck was having shifting issues? He was trying to get more vacuum since it was only getting 6-7" or so and he said it needed 10-15" IIRC. Would that be a reason why that may be causing the fluid to shoot out of the filler tube?

Do you guys recommend a shop in the IE to have them check it out or should I take it to a trans shop? Once I get this fluid leak sorted out, I then need to make sure all my fuses are working and all my exterior and interior lights work. I still need to fix my funky speedo and fuel gauge too. I've been busy with a new baby boy so my time has been a little tied up. I really want this truck to be reliable but now it seems like one thing breaks and another does soon after.

I'm also wondering if it's worth fixing up the truck to potentially haul a car on a trailer? I want to pick up a classic mustang and I know this I6 won't be able to haul a 3-4k lbs car, but would it take much to fix up to haul one? Sorry for the long post guys but I'm getting frustrated with the fluid issues. I don't want to hassle with that so I can fix the other things on my list. These other "issues" always seem to cost more money.